Big Achievers Gymnastics: Basics of Gymnastics for Kids
Embark on an enterprise to learn the movements and basics of gymnastics for kids. Navigate skills like cartwheels, handstands, forward and backward rolls, balancing on beams, mushrooms, and strengthening on bars.
This class will teach the basics of gymnastics and will not focus on skill acquisition, but rather on the core principles of the sport: improved strength, balance, and flexibility. The purpose of this class will be a FUN introduction to gymnastics. This class will not be leveled.
The gymnastics basic program will be used to encourage growth for your child through exploration and positive reinforcement. Athletic Adventure coaches will be well versed in focusing on each individual child and his or her needs, as well as building a sense of belonging in a group setting. A key focus for all children in this program will be to gain confidence by overcoming new and challenging physical obstacles.
- Annual: $105/Month
- Monthly: $135/Month
- Annual: $143/Month
- Monthly: $173/Month
- Play and Exploration based.
- Kinder Achievers: 45 min/1 day per week
- Big Achievers: 1 hour/1 day per week
- Movement based activities will Increase your child’s cognitive abilities like improving focus and problem solving skills.
- The program will emphasize the building of core strength, which will translate to improved listening and reading skills in the classroom.
- The program will focus on movement challenges that will allow your child both to fail and succeed, an important stepping stone to build confidence.
Age Groups and Class Breakdown
- 5-6 years (Kinder Achievers)
This age group will focus on movement skills that improve balance, core strength, and agility. This age group will also work on reinforcing important classroom skills like turn taking, direction following, and gaining friendships.
- 6+ years (Big Achievers)
This age group will continue to grow their fine and gross motor skills, skills like grasping, swinging, and flipping. This older group of kiddos will also spend more time upside down to improve their proprioception skills, which is important to sensory growth.
What Our Parents Say About Us
Athletic Adventures Sports Center is sure to be one of the premier facilities in our area. Kassie Haag is one of the best in the industry and now she is starting her own gym! Her passion for providing a safe environment for your child to reach their full athletic potential is evident with each choice she makes. Kassie had an enormously positive impact on both of my competitive gymnast daughters when they were under her instruction. I am excited about Kassie Haag’s next professional endeavor – and how lucky we are that it is in our area!